The Choice is Yours!
Counseling, Coaching & Lead Mangement
"Choosing a Quality Life!"
It is the goal of The Southern Center for Choice Theory (SCCT) to provide our customers with the most effective care available. We invite our customers to Choose a Quality Life! and all that means for them individually. This organization was formed in October of 2010, but, the members have been in the community providing services for more than 10 years.
Why Choice Theory? In the Fall of 2007, sixteen individuals were chosen as Glasser Scholars - and I was one of them. This very small event became a life changing event for me. Through my participation in the Glasser Scholars program I had an opportunity to learn how to work with myself and others in such a way that was effective and goal focused. We are studying, practicing, and sharing with everyone we come in to contact with the idea they have more control than they think.
Had Enough? When you want things to be different in your life, on your job, with your children, in all of your relationships we are the folks to call. As Reality Therapist, we are directive, firm, fair and friendly. We will assist you in gaining more effective control over your life! It does not matter if you are experiencing depression or some other mental health problem...if you are interested in changing and willing to do the work it takes to get there we can help you.
Lead management - our opportunity to teach managers, supervisors, school teachers/administrators, etc. how to use these ideas to ensure they are successful. If you are a business owner, manager, etc. and ready to see significant results within your organization give us a call.
CTRT is the primary path to change for us here at SCCT, however, it is one of several tools we use. Others include: Trauma Focused CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Play therapy and Person-Centered therapy.
Trust, Risk, and Reign
Thank you for visiting our site.
Gloria Smith Cisse, CEO
411 Holt Avenue, Macon, GA 31204
Our Mission: To assist our clients, in the clinic, in their homes/communities and organizations, in choosing more effective behaviors.
Follow us on : Facebook & Twitter
Love and Belonging
The Ten Axioms:
- The only person whose behavior we can control is our own.
- All we can give another person is information.
- All long-lasting psychological problems are relationship problems.
- The problem relationship is always part of our present life.
- What happened in the past has everything to do with what we are today, but we can only satisfy our basic needs right now and plan to continue satisfying them in the future.
- We can only satisfy our needs by satisfying the pictures in our Quality World.
- All we do is behave.
- All behavior is Total Behavior and is made up of four components: acting, thinking, feeling and physiology.
- All Total Behavior is chosen, but we only have direct control over the acting and thinking components. We can only control our feeling and physiology indirectly through how we choose to act and think.
- All Total Behavior is designated by verbs and named by the part that is the most recognizable.